The social service undertaken by the students of VISAT social service society include energy conservation, environmental issues, Alcohol and Drug awareness. AIDS awareness, gender equality, heritage, traffic and hygiene awareness.
The main objectives of VISAT Social Service Schemes are to:
- Understand the community in which they work
- Understand themselves in relation to their community
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- Utilise their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems
- Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities
- Gain skills in mobilising community participation
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and
- Practise national integration and to maintain social harmony.